Monday, October 4, 2010

Easy Chicken Chili

I had some leftover grilled chicken...it rained...I thought this chili would be a great recipe and it did not disappoint.  I made it dairy free, but the original recipe called for sour cream to be added to the mix.  I also had dairy free cheese I sprinkled on top of mine.  The original recipe called for A LOT more spices (three times as many.)  I did a can of black and kidney beans.



  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 2 (15.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans (or any other cans of beans)
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
  • 1 roasted chicken, bones and skin removed, meat torn into bite-size pieces
  • 1 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Place olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion until soft.  Add the chicken broth, beans, green chillies, chicken and spices.  Bring to a boil and you are done!  Add the sour cream and cheese to individual bowls.