Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten, Dairy & Egg Free)

I have been wanting to try this recipe from Elana's Pantry for a while now.  I went today and got some almond flour from Honeyville with my sister.  When I got home, I made these.  They are very simple to make and my boys loved them.  John's comment was, "For a healthy cookie, they are great."  For the chocolate chips, I found these Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips 10 Oz at Sprout's.  They are mini chocolate chips, and I could have got away with using 1/2-2/3 c verses 1 cup.

Thomas snuck three of them.
Here is the recipe:
2 ½ cups blanched almond flour - If you use Bob's Mill Almond Flour, the cookies will be flat and not very good.  Honeyville's blanched almond flour is much better.
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup grapeseed oil (This adds a butter flavor that other oils do not.)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup agave nectar
1 cup  Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips 10 Oz

  1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
  2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
  3. Mix wet ingredients into dry
  4. Form ½ inch balls and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet
  5. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes
  6. Cool and serve
Makes 24 cookies (I actually got 30 mini ones and 20 larger ones.)